Friday, January 3, 2014

Cicada 3301 Update, Possible Anonymous Affiliation

The link I posted in my last entry was removed from Craigslist shortly after posting, thankfully I saved a screenshot which I will share in the near future. Unfortunately many within the Cicada community are keeping their communication about the entire thing private to the rest of the Internet.


The other interesting development that happened is a page set up by Anonymous now has a "3301" link and a timer counting down until January 5th, 2014 on the front page. The addition of this is curious as nothing has been stated outright about this or anything else.

I would also be weary of any news reports stating that someone "figured out Cicada" as their authenticity and knowledge have been questioned by many.

The best rule of thumb when dealing with Cicada information (including things posted here) is DTA! I try to only report what I believe is true but this subject matter makes it incredibly difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment