Sunday, February 22, 2015

Augur - Decentralized prediction markets to improve decision-making

A few weeks ago I parted ways with BitPay and started working on a project called Augur.

Augur is a decentralized prediction market that is being built on Vitalik Buterin's Ethereum platform. The idea, technology and fields of interest made this an opportunity I had to jump at.

There are plenty of better resources to learn about prediction markets, I suggest Overcoming Bias and LessWrong.com as great starting places.

My interest in something like Augur came from studying Bayesian Statistics and how an entire field can be misunderstood by so many within it, it was a very similar feeling to how I felt about Economics. I'm very leery of professing absolute beliefs, in general I think admitting that you aren't convinced or that you don't know something is an underrated trait.

I know very little and it doesn't bother me because knowledge doesn't define happiness. But knowledge does define passion, so being a part of something like Augur has me excited.

Be sure to check out Augur.net and @AugurProject on Twitter to get news and updates on what we are doing, oh and contribute to the project on GitHub.

Oh and as always, follow me on Twitter: @TonySwish

No comments:

Post a Comment